Managing Employee Mental Health Issues
1 in 5 employees will suffer mental health illness each year. That stat poses major problems for employers. Many employers are ill-equipped to best help employees effectively address mental health issues while minimizing risk of costly legal claims.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- The importance of creating a workplace culture of inclusivity and sensitivity that destigmatizes mental health struggles and creates a safe place to seek help in confidence,
- The costly error in judgment of one employer resulting in a $450,000 jury verdict for a birthday party, and
- How to manage mental health issues to minimize risk of costly legal claims.
Speaker: Chris S. Thrutchley
Chris Thrutchley is a shareholder in the Tulsa office of GableGotwals. For nearly 30 years, Chris has counseled employers regarding best employment and labor law practices and has successfully defended employers in employment and labor disputes (arbitration, litigation, administrative proceedings) around the country.
This month, we are partnering with The Pencil Box to donate school supplies to students and teachers in need.
According to the 2020 Oklahoma State Department of Education Low Income Report, 56% of students enrolled in Tulsa County public schools live at or below the Federal Poverty Level. Families struggling to make ends meet cannot afford school supplies for their children.
Tulsa County teachers report spending an average of $500 out of pocket every year on students and classroom supplies. (Oklahoma Education Association) Working together, we can ensure all students have an equal opportunity to learn and the supplies necessary for success, while eliminating the need for teachers to spend their own money to bridge the need.
In lieu of registration fee, please consider bringing school supply donations from the list below:
- Art Markers
- Binders (1.5” to 2")
- Binder Dividers
- Colored Pencils
- Composition Notebooks
- Construction Paper
- Dry Erase Markers
- Flip charts
- Glue Sticks
- Notecards (flashcards)
- Paper (filler and copy)
- #2 Pencils
- Pencil Zipper Bags
- Pens (new blue, black and red ink)
- Personal Hygiene Products (deodorant soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, tooth brush, tooth paste)
- Spiral Notebooks
- Tempera Paints
- Watercolor Paint Sets
- White Glue